Keeping a bug as a pet is tricky, but what about a rock dressed up as a bug?
This craft blends creativity and nature, leaving you with a pet you can keep forever.
What You Need
- Round rocks
- Acrylic paint or old house paint
- Black permanent marker
What To Do
- Head outside and find some smooth, round or ovular rocks. Smooth rocks work best when applying decorations, but you could also look for rocks with a distinct feature that could represent a bug head or wing.
- Once your rock is clean and ready for painting, use acrylic paint to add the details. Or, with a parent’s help, you could use old wall paint to accomplish this.
- Using a permanent marker, add eyes or other details to your bug.
- Name your rocks and find them a home inside or outside.