Combine water-play and “crayon resist” to make beautiful art just by using food coloring, water and a spray bottle!
What You Need
- Spray bottles
- Food coloring
- White paper or card stock
- White crayons
What To Do
- Draw a picture on white card stock with a white crayon. Try to fill the entire paper with your drawings. Be sure to press hard as you draw!
- Mix ¼ c. water and 6-7 drops of a single color of food coloring to a spray bottle. Close the lid, and shake to mix the water and food coloring together.
- Outside or on newspaper, spray the drawing with your colorful water. Your crayon resist image will magically appear!
- Try adding a few different colors. Let the paper dry as you wash out your spray bottles and refill with a different color.