This recipe is fit for a Triwizard Tournament champion! We think Harry Potter would approve of this fun, mythical twist on hard-boiled eggs.
What You Need
- Eggs (we made six)
- A pot
- Ziploc bags
- Food coloring (green or blue is preferable, but most dark colors will work)
- Strainer (not required)
What To Do
- Start by hard boiling the eggs. Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with an inch of water.
- Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from pot and put into an ice bath to let them cool down (approximately two minutes).
- To get the marble effect on the eggs, crack their shells and don’t peel them.
- Then place one egg in a Ziploc bag with a drop or two of food coloring.
- Gently move the egg around so it is completely coated with food coloring and keep it in the bag for 30 minutes.
- After a half-hour, rinse the eggs with cold water.
- Carefully peel the shell.
*Note to parents: Peeling the eggs can take some time. Also, your fingers may turn the color of the food coloring, but it wears off quickly.
- Leave them whole or cut them in half and serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.