Write your own rap to share some facts about the planets.
What You Need
- Household items that you can use as a rhythm instrument (example: wooden spoons, a table top)
- If you don’t have any instruments or household items, you can always clap your hands.
What To Do
- Figure out the rhythms of each planet name.
- For example, “Mer-cur-y” can be represented with two eighth notes and a quarter note.
- Rhythmically speak and play the names of the planets in order, on a steady beat.
- Pick a planet and learn a few new facts about it.
- Write a rap using the facts about that planet. Use a background beat such as the one below to perform your new rap.