Ladybugs are all around us in the summer time. Let’s look for some!
What You Need
Look for a jar or plastic container in your recyclables. Make sure it has a lid. This container is where the ladybugs you find will stay while you observe them.
What To Do
Where to find them
You might find ladybugs:
- Under leaves of trees, bushes and plants
- On flowers
- Flying by with their hard upper wings raised and their second set of papery wings buzzing!
Once you find a ladybug …
- Can you count two antennae on the ladybug’s head?
- Can you count six legs?
- How many spots does your ladybug beetle have? Ladybugs might have no spots or as many as 24. Different kinds of ladybugs have different numbers of spots.
- When you are done observing the ladybug, gently set it free again.
You must be logged in to post a comment.