This simple craft, which kids can make on their own or with a grown-up, sounds like a swarm of bees when spun.
What You Need
The materials for this craft are very simple, and you probably have many, or all, of them in your house right now!
- 1 index card
- 1 Popsicle stick or craft stick
- 1 wide rubber band
- 2-3 feet of string
- 2 cap erasers
What To Do
The steps are pretty easy…
- Take the two cap erasers and put them on either end of the popsicle stick.
- Line the short edge of the index card up with the edge of the popsicle stick. You might have to trim the long edge of the stick to make it fit. Staple the short edge to the stick.
- Cut the part of the index card that is hanging off the popsicle stick, leaving about 2 inches left (use a ruler to help you measure!)
- Tie one end of the string around the stick near one of the erasers. Tie a couple of knots to make sure it is safe and secure!
- Stretch the rubber band over the erasers and stick from one end to the other.
Test Your Hummer
Make sure you’re in an area where you’re not going to hit anything. Hold the end of the string tightly in your hand, and swing your Bee Hummer in a circle. Does that noise sound familiar? It should!
You must be logged in to post a comment.