Craft your very own magic wand with items found at home.
From the world of Harry Potter, and countless other fantasy books, magic wands help channel the power of magic through your fingertips. Now, you can make your own with a few simple things around the house, and some help from an adult.
What You Need
These wands are very simple to make, and can be made from lots of different materials. Choose what you have around the house, or what works best for you. Mix and match materials to make your magic wand unique!
- A stick from outside, or a chopstick. (You can also use several small twigs bound together.)
- Hot glue or glue sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Spray paint or acrylic paint
What To Do
- Make sure your stick or chopstick is dry. Figure out which stick you want to use for your wand. Find one that is about a foot and a half to two feet long. If it has a thicker end and a skinny end, make the thicker end the handle and the thinner end the point. You can also ask an adult to help you round the ends with a knife to make sure you won’t get any splinters.
- Use the hot glue to create a pattern on your wand. Ask an adult to help if you do this. Or you can use a glue stick and glue string in the pattern you want on your wand. This will help make your magic wand unique to you!
- Wait for the glue or hot glue to dry.
- Paint your wand with the acrylic paint or spray paint. If you use spray paint, make sure an adult is helping you and you’re doing it outdoors for safety. You can make your wand any color, or colors, you want!
- Let the wand dry.
- If you’d like and an adult has some, use a clear-coat finish to protect your wand and paint. If you don’t have any, don’t worry about it!
- Show your wand off to your friends! Create your own spells! Transform into your own wizard or witch!
You must be logged in to post a comment.