Nature prints are an easy and fun way to explore nature through art.
What You Need
- Nature items, such as leaves, dandelions, pine needles or pine cones.
- Air-dry clay, such as Crayola air-dry clay, Sculpt-it air dry clay, potters’ clay or a homemade salt dough.
- Wax paper, parchment paper or a plastic place mat or tray to store the nature prints.
- Drinking straws (optional)
What To Do
- Go outside and gather nature items from the backyard that you think might make interesting prints.
- Pinch off a small piece of your clay or dough and roll into a ball between your hands and flatten it with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Gently push one of your nature items into the clay.
- Gently peel off your nature item.
- (Optional) If you’d like to hang your nature print, poke a hole at the top of your disk with a drinking straw.
- Let dry thoroughly. This may take two to three days.
- (Optional) Decorate your nature print with paint.
You must be logged in to post a comment.