Try this experiment to see how you can make a simple piece of paper as strong as your favorite superhero.
What does a piece of paper and The Hulk have in common? Their strength can quickly go from 1 to 10,000! In this experiment, you will turn an average piece of paper into something really super.
Watch this balancing act in action: Balancing Act – Sick Science! #127.
What You Need
- A piece of paper
- A rubber band or hair tie
- A book, cereal box or flat object
- A few other unbreakable objects (like plastic bowls or toys) that could be balanced on top of the book
What To Do
- Try to balance your book on a rolled up piece of paper. Try rolling the paper up, making an arch… try everything you can think of!
- Roll the paper into a cylinder, length-wise, and wrap a rubber band around the tube to hold it in shape.
- Now try balancing the book on top of the paper cylinder.
- Balance your other unbreakable items on top of the textbook. How high can your tower go?
- Take a photo of your super strong tower! Send your favorite one to email@example.com or post to social media using #CapRegSummer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.