In this activity, young artists will design logos for new superheros of their own invention.
Every successful superhero needs a super logo. After all, it’s almost impossible to imagine Wonder Woman without her golden, intertwined “WW,” or the Flash without his iconic lightning bolt.
What You Need
- Colored pencils, crayons, markers or paints and paintbrushes, or
- A computer with a drawing or design program or app
What To Do
Imagine that a new group of superheroes has asked you to design logos for them.
Maybe there’s a superhero of each month, or one for each continent. In our example, we imagined a superhero for each of the five great elements – fire, water, wind, earth and space – and designed logos for them all.
Colors can have meanings and make us think of a certain trait or attribute. In your design, use color to communicate your superhero’s special personality and powers.
The meaning of colors
- Red is the color of fire and blood, so it’s associated with energy, strength, power, determination and love.
- Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It’s associated with joy, sunshine and the tropics.
- Yellow is the color of sunshine and is associated with joy, intellect and energy.
- Green is the color of nature. It symbolizes growth and harmony.
- Blue is the color of the sky and the sea. It is associated with depth, stability, trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith and truth.
- Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. It symbolizes royalty, power, luxury and ambition.
- White is associated with light, goodness, safety, faith and purity.
- Black is associated with power, elegance and mystery.
You must be logged in to post a comment.