In this activity, kids will use their sense of smell, touch and taste (but not sight) to solve the age-old riddle, What Am I Eating?
What You Need
- A muffin tray with each compartment filled with a different snack
- An assortment of bite-sized snacks, suck as pretzels, grapes, small cookies, squares of cheese, chocolate chips, PB&J bites and cucumber slices. You’ll need a different snack for each compartment in your muffin tray.
What To Do
- Close your eyes and pick one item from the tray.
- Can you figure out what the mystery snack is? You can smell it, feel it and taste it, but no peeking!
- It’s more fun if the snacks are a surprise, so a parent or adult should fill the tray and cover it with a towel until kids’ eyes are closed!
- Put several of each item in each compartment so kids get a chance to flex their memory muscles should they happen to choose the same food twice!
- What Am I Eating? is even more fun when the secret snacks represent an array of different shapes, textures and flavors, such as tart raspberries, salty peanuts, crunchy croutons and soft mini-marshmallows.
- This game is a great way to encourage kids to try new foods and flavors.
You must be logged in to post a comment.